5.01.2012

{catching up}

I know I've been away too long, so how is everyone doing? I'm fighting off a cold, but woke up with almost no congestion this morning. Finally! I even managed to push through my run/walk for today for my Couch to 5K training. I peeked ahead and I'm running 20 minutes straight on Saturday. WHAT??

This week my to-do list is full of catching up items. The last two weeks involved TWO road trips (one planned, one not), one sick kid, a grandmother/babysitter with a bad back and then a sick mommy. This week is recovering and getting us back to normal! I also made the decision to change my kids' schedule for this summer. For June and July I'm putting them in school (daycare?) 5 days a week, 8:30am - 2:30pm. I'll miss our Monday and Friday trips to the zoo with no crowds, but how often would we want to go in Texas heat in the summer? I think afternoon trips for an hour or two will be fine for the summer. Plus, this way they can take swimming lessons 5 days a week at their school.

I know my kids are only 3 (4 in June), but I find myself wanting to sign them up for every activity I can! The thing is, I think they would love it; you've never seen kids with more energy. I just know that I couldn't do it. I just don't know how to figure out where they belong. I took dancing and gymnastics when I was little. I loved the dancing and stuck with it, but ditched the gymnastics pretty quick. But part of me wishes I had been involved with sports. That being said, while my son LOVES playing soccer my daughter couldn't care less. So, maybe I would have been the same way? This summer we're sticking with dance/gymnastics/swimming for the girl and T-ball/swimming for the boy; he gets one less activity since T-ball involves a practice day and a game day. I think in the fall we'll switch out swimming for Tae Kwon Do, but I'm not making any decisions yet.

For now, I'm just focusing on the next few months! Dentist appointments, pediatrician appointments, summer classes, and some new products for the fall/holiday season!

image from here

No comments: