3.20.2012

{rainy day thoughts}


As the rain comes down, I'm just thankful that I don't live in a part of the country where tornadoes are a common threat. Don't get me wrong, in Houston we get hurricanes which are terrifying. But you know what? We know when they're coming, usually days or weeks in advance. Once when I was in college, I was back home in Corpus Christi on a break and a hurricane popped up in the gulf and was supposed to hit the next day. I left early the next morning to return to College Station, but the storm ended up hitting south of the city, closer to Brownsville. That's short notice for a hurricane. With tornadoes you get what, a minute or two? Insane. The storm that's coming through now has hit Texas with tornadoes and high winds, but it hasn't been bad so far at our house. I did see a few branches in the street on our trip to preschool, but that was about it. The rain even let up a bit as we pulled into the school enabling me to get the kiddos inside fairly easily. That was a blessing!

Lately my mind has been scattered, especially as I start planning my twins next birthday party and their move to a more traditional school. I immediately start thinking of their future and how I'm raising them. I'm in love with this movement. I am a firm believer of empowering our girls, and doing it in a way that doesn't take down our boys. Hmmm, it is an interesting dilemma isn't it? Teaching girls that they don't NEED a man, but that men are still pretty awesome. Of course, it's also my responsibility to raise my son to be that awesome man for another girl. Okay, moving on.

I'm also loving this guide to eat cleaner. Of course, the first week might take me a month or two. I've been known to drink a cup of coffee followed by 1-2 Coke Zeroes per day. Last week I think I drank 3-4 Coke Zeroes ALL WEEK! None yesterday, trying for none today. Week 2 will be easier since I rarely eat fast food.

Found this old blog entry going through the LobotoME archives. It's also helped me with the decluttering, specifically Action Step #2. Of course, it would take a small miracle for my husband to agree to canceling cable. I blame the Red Zone Network.

That's it for now. I just realized how late it is and I have to get this in the crockpot!! Stay dry folks!

image from here

No comments: