3.31.2011

{ the spending diet...weeks 3 + 4 }


Hmmm...this gets harder each week. WHY. OH. WHY? does shopping have to be FUN!?!?! And why are we programmed to do it?

Anyhoo, I did order this book from amazon. Its not at our library and I love her blog and I'm really interested in her green smoothie revolution.

I resisted buying this. And these. And this. And this. And this. All were in shopping cart for 2 days before I shut it down. I did pick up a new soccer ball for Henry and a few small gifts for Samme's birthday party.

I found that the time I like to shop the most is at night after the kids go to bed. So instead I've been turning on a Tracy Anderson DVD and doing mat work or watching West Wing (we have all 7 seasons and on a side note...I declare there has never been a better television show) or reading a book. I've been trying to stay off the computer. And off the aptly named gilt. That helps.

I'm still selling stuff like crazy on ebay & craigslist. I chant, Less is more, less is more.

Came across this quote on the new YouvsDebt website that really resonated with me... "I want my children to know financial peace. I don’t want them to worry about finances. I want them to be able to be free to do what they want to do, regardless of income.” Yes and yes.

How y'all doing? I'm moving onto APRIL. Around and around I GO!

No comments: