9.13.2010

{ on my mind + menu }


"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
—Jean Shinoda Bolen


1. I'm not one to toot my own horn (very often at least) but I was nominated for this super cool "Colorado Extraordinary Business Woman of the Year Award." Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the award party this past weekend because we were at our race, but my mom attended for me. And guess what? I won! {I don't think they know that I work in my pj's half the time!} ;) I'm very humbled & honored indeed.

2. Been thinking a lot about the quote above... been working on doing things that nourish my soul... and one of those things lately has been being involved with the church. The other has been running.

3. Feeling like editing our life in a big way...how many blogs I read, how much time on facebook, how many things are in our closets, how many events we put on a year, etc, and on and on.


4. Really inspired by this young girl from my town.

5. Look at this cool family's RV remodel - they are about to hit the road for a year.

6. My brain is spinning from my September to-do list, which is a mile long...things such as plan Henry's 2nd birthday festivities; order Halloween costumes; launch hilarious MEpad press initiative; ship some huge pre-holiday orders; Nationals logistics; school fundraising stuff; PTA meetings, drop off boxes to thrift store; etc.

7. Can't wait to read this, especially after reading this review.

8. Love this concept. Thursday night girl time.

9. I'm fighting off a nasty cold right now so food this week includes lots of smoothies, soups + vitamin C.

10. Just got this book and thinking that might be October's goal.

11. Oh, and the September No Spend Month goal....hmmm.... pretty good although I did by aforementioned book and this. And yes, neither were needed. Anyway, onward + upward.

Have a great week! GO!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations, Jenny!! Well deserved!! xoxo

RunLikeMama said...

Jenny-- While you look for things that inspire you, I find you who inspires me! Congratulations Business Woman of the Year! Keep up the running and the praying and let's find a way to push each other to do those things that nourish our soul! -xo, Mo

Courtney Baker said...

I'm so happy I stumbled across #5 on your site. And that race looks...well challenging!

karen★ said...

I'm so proud of you & happy for your success! You definitely deserve it!

Love the quote. I think I might have to put it on a post it in capital letters somewhere. Nourishing the soul is so important, & yet something that is so easily put aside.

I love to edit my life. It makes me feel more calm & at peace. (too bad i can't ever edit my comments to be shorter than a novel!)

If you do use that book as October's goal, you must take a picture of yourself wearing the same kind of glossy oil...or vaseline...just like the cover!

p.s. & about pictures? that one with samme, is one of my favorites that you show. you look so happy, even in your eyes!

loves!! karen

Anonymous said...

congrats jenny!!!! you absolutely deserved it!

Tara Hogan, INK+WIT said...

so cute - love this image : ) xx