3.29.2010

{ on my mind }


1) thinking about removing my facebook, twitter & flickr accounts to decrease the amount of time spent online....

2) loving the photobooth application on my computer. we had over an hour of giggles the other night with our new mustaches.

3) gearing up for our gardening projects this season....reading this, this + this. going to start our indoor seeds this week (we usually plant in the ground mid-late May...we live at 6800 feet afterall).

4) loved spending a few days in moab, even if it was for work....its a great place to take some deep breaths, some short hikes and clear my head. thinking about a solo 2 day/1 night trip over there sometime this month in honor of my birthday....

5) easter. it feels like that snuck up on me a bit this year, but i've got to get on it. we do easter up big time over here. we cook, color + hide about 6 dozen eggs each year. the hunt outdoors lasts forever. the bunny leaves easter baskets filled with crafty goodness and very little chocolate (or mom will eat it). oh and a new toothbrush. am i the only mom that does that? then we feast on a yummy, healthy brunch and then go for a nice, long hike.

6) wednesday our sweet little girl turns 6. six. how did that happen? have i recorded enough of it? have i been a great mom? have i given her a good foundation? have i filled her heart with love, laughter and fond memories? i sure hope so. this week, its all about samme. we are talking about blueberry pancakes in bed, cupcakes, rainbow birthday parties, a birthday dinner (she requested brown rice and broccoli - i love her!), a movie date & more. lots of fun to celebrate the lovely little lady she is...we love you samme. happy "early" birthday.

7) need to drink some mega coffee before we enter into the BOTTOMLESS PIT we call a garage to organize and properly store the things we call our LIFE. It's necessary and I know it will feel good when it's done... re-inspired this spring to simplify our belongings...it seems like i'm always purging (I AM) but dreaming of days when I can easily roll my bike out of the garage without heaving it over boxes, tools, lawnmowers, etc.

We're on the cusp of a whole bunch of new, wonderful things. SPRING being one of them. The universe is sending love + healing + growth our way....I can just feel it.

5 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Love the mustache pictures!

heather said...

the Easter Bunny always brings flossers (the fun kind on the easy-to-hold pics) at our house! :-) And i love the pics!!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I love your toothbrush in the basket idea! My daughter is 24 now but I think I will still get her a new toothbrush for Easter, love it.

Joelle said...

My mom always put a new toothbrush in our Easter basket. She also put one in our stocking at Christmas time. If she had it her way, she'd pass them out to trick-or-treaters at Halloween. But I guess I can't blame her, because she used to work in a dentist office.

Part of it has rubbed off on me. I'm a teacher and each of my students has a toothbrush at school. I keep a tube of toothpaste by the sink.

karen★ said...

Those pictures are completely adorable...as is your family! I love your positive attitude! Happy Springing forward!