8.08.2008

{ i'm figuring this thing called LIFE out & the winner is... }


Realization: This little girl makes ME wiser everyday.

I have figured out that I can either be drug down by the amount of stuff I have to do, or I can choose to realize that my days are always full and never boring. Yup, I'll take the always full and never boring. So, today, when you look around and think about how NUTS your life is - what if you shifted your perspective and looked around and said, "Look how FULL my life is."

I have also figured out that MY time is MY time. I can choose how to spend it. I can choose to LIVE life or read about others lives. I can choose to waste my time or use it wisely. I can choose to rush through each day or I can choose living mindfully and being in the present moment more.

Having said that, I am only going to be blogging (on my site or others), twittering, blog surfing, etc. on M, W, F (the days that Sam is at preschool). I contemplated bagging this whole blog thing entirely but I am going to try the M, W, F thing and see if that works for awhile. I am only going to read blogs that inspire ME, the rest are being removed from my google reader. And the days that Sam is home with ME, are going to be all about HER. Work is just going to have to wait. Orders will have to wait. Phone calls & emails will have to wait a day. That's all there is too it. She is growing up too fast. Too darn fast. This article inspired ME to make this change as did this great blogger (who I will miss). What if we eliminate all but the essential tasks - how much FREE time would that make available to spend time with family, to exercise, to cook healthy dinners, to work on the garden, etc.?

ps - The winner of the blog giveaway (chosen at random) by my husband is....Daphne. I'm also going to send out a Fit ME planner to bikiniyogini who had the funniest comment! Email me your mailing addresses and I will get your prize in the mail next week! Thanks to all who entered! Stay tuned for the next 3 Monday's for more great giveaways (a new Helly Hansen workout outfit and a complete yoga package & more!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally get this - what a great post!

Wilcox Family said...

Jen:

As always, our thoughts are in alignment. I was just thinking about all of this this week as I ran across a book called Everyday Blessings about Mindful Parenting and I realized it's time to make some radical changes and put priorities where they need to be - time with my children. I was thinking about just posting once a week and reading family blogs on Sunday nights after the kids go to bed....

great post - I support ya 100% :)

Anonymous said...

could not agree with you more. It is amazing how much this blogging sucks you up. I thought a while after reading your post and knew I needed to cut back as well. Thanks for the prompting.

Anonymous said...

Yes- I get this. Went on a little road trip with my family this past weekend and came back thinking along these lines. Now to put it into action. I think I will have to turn off the computer on my off days- at this point I am too in the habit of checking things. Going to go and "clean up" my reader now- just the uplifting things to remain :)

jess said...

I love this post. I'm going through something similar right now...trying to figure out how much time I really want to devote to my blog (not that I post a ton, but it does take time) and reading other blogs.

LobotoME said...

Thanks for all of your support! Trying to find balance....ya know?

xo, jenny :)