4.23.2008

{ road trips }


Introducing our new to us, but gently used by another family, home away from home. It's like camping, only being able to sleep in a bed (and use a shower, and a toilet, and a refrigerator). Okay, so it's like luxery camping (just my style). First desired stops: Buena Vista, CO (to pick it up); Arch Canyon in Utah with Julie & her family (they have a camper and have been super adventurous campers with their 4 year old son (Sam's buddy) and 2, 1 year old twins - I figure if they can do it so can we!); La Sal Mountains near Moab, Utah; and a fall road trip to one of my favorite places in the world, Zion National Park. Check craigslist for a used pop up camper near you (tons of great deals - found a lot we liked in California).

This surely will help us hit all the states. Download the cute map above courtesy of Freshie&Zero found via Sk*rt.

9 comments:

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

I grew up camping... but we always had a mobile home - much like a pop up camper. (that's a good way to camp - beds, sinks, ovens, bathroom etc. YEA!) Have a super good time. Never thought to look on Craig's list for them. Thanks for the tip!

Abby K said...

My family had a pop up camper growing up and I have so many fun memories using it. I can still remember what it smelled like (a good smeell) My dad would leave it up in the summer on the side of the house and we would have sleep overs in it. So fun! I would love to get one too!

Anonymous said...

Love the camper & map! We must find one of these - did you get yours on craigslist?

jess said...

Looks fun! I have great memories of camping when I was a kid. I think one of these pop-ups would be great. I don't sleep as well in a tent as I used to. :o)

LobotoME said...

No, we got ours on Ebay! You can literally get EVERYTHING on Ebay these days! But, we found LOTS of used ones on craigslist too!

J :)

Stephanie said...

My in-laws have a retro teardrop trailer we borrow every now and again. We love it so much we are considering one of our own :)

P.S. LOVING my MomMe planner. Gave it a shout out last week.

amber {daisy chain} said...

we got one of these too! we are super excited about it, and we're even gutting it out and makin git all cool on the inside (bamboo floors are the only thing we've done so far). we got ours on Craigslist, it's about 10 years old but in great condition. Happy camping!

LobotoME said...

Hi Amber - I remember reading about your camper "remodel on your blog a few months back" - weren't you going to put IKEA cabinets in and recover the cushions, etc? Do you have pics to share! I'm looking at ways to "spruce" ours up too - unfortunately Will thinks its just great as is, so I'm not sure I have a helper!

J :)

Alli Bozeman said...

LOVE the pop-up!!! super nostalgia!!! i have fabulous memories of summertime, box turtles and canoeing ... all from the basecamp of a popup.