3.29.2009

{ happy spring }


Happy spring! Wow, I thought the winter blues and bad news would never end...but after a weekend in the sunny desert; being on the mend after never-ending colds; flowers blooming in the garden....I'm beginning to feel like ME again!

This spring season is all about renewal, self-care and blooming to ME. It's a great time to re-evaluate by taking a good look in the mirror...have you been slacking with regards to your health and happiness edges? Be honest. I know I have (which is why I've been on my self-imposed internet break). Perhaps it's time to shed a few pounds? Commit to healthier eating? Align your heart and mind with some sweaty exercise? What about planting a garden? I'm been inspired by all of the great home gardens featured in this month's Sunset Magazine as well as our very own First Lady.

Remember, we can't control what is going on in the world around us, but we can control how we react to it, how we spend our time & energy and what we do to make our homes happy havens. I'm still on my blogging hiatus but I'll be back in a few weeks. { ps - thanks for all of your well wishes, sweet notes and even lovely flowers - thanks tracie! you're all so sweet ~ }

2 comments:

karen said...

I'm glad to hear the chipper in your "voice." I love this post...and yes, spring is a great time to do some "mental spring cleaning." That's a nice way to phrase it.

Take care of yourself, enjoy your break, and I'll be waiting for more of your refreshing posts when you're ready! ; )

Anonymous said...

Mental spring cleaning- I love it!

Take care, enjoy, make memories!