11.06.2008

{ remember ME }


I am terrible about writing {memories} down...I've got journals/notebooks all over the house and I never make the time to write in them. My family photos are tucked away with just the picture to remind us of that day in time, but no notes. I'm not much of a scrapbooker...just can't get it into it. My blog captures some of those moments but not enough. Anyway, I think I've found the THING. The thing that will help me record life's little + big moments. To remember what we did today, Nov, 5th, the day after this historic election. To remember what silly thing Sam said today. To remember the elation of Henry's first little smile. To remember the MOMENTS. So, this is it. It is a 10 year journal with just a few lines for each day...just enough space to jot down a little something. I think it is the THING for ME. (I do wish it was cuter, more colors, more graphics, etc...next LobotoME product idea perhaps?) So it is going to be my goal to write down a little something in it everyday in 2009 and beyond.

And it reminds ME of one of my favorite quotes that I have posted above my desk...

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night.
I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed.
I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.”

- Anna Quindlen

Here are a couple of other options that blog readers have sent into ME.

Wonder Time Instant Journals

Mini Diarys from Mini Mart