4.15.2008

{ live young...follow up }


Here are the answers to some of the questions that you sent in.

Does your husband take the same vitamins/supplements as you? Will takes Fish Oil Pills each evening and uses some of the Health-FX products when racing or training but he isn't as supplement obsessed as I am. :-)

Do you give your daughter vitamins? Yes, Samme takes 2 Animal Parade Kids Greenz vitamins each morning and a glass of PowerC (vitamin C drink, no sugar). I don't see the Power C on their website yet but you can try calling HealthFX at 505.310.2454 and see if you can order it over the phone.

Do you work out everyday? How do you find the motivation? Yes, it is super hard for me to get motivated some days to workout (especially in the winter). But, I write it down, I plan it and I do it. If I skip a day, I try to get back on track the next day. I aim for at least 5 days a week. But I'm not perfect.

Can I lose weight doing yoga? Not an expert in this arena folks but I do think yoga is a great mind-body workout. That said, Power Yoga or Hot Yoga kicks my butt - I sweat, my heart rate gets up and I am sore for 2 days. I tend to do more Hatha (or gentle style) yoga classes for the MIND portion of it and focus on other cardio activities for my workouts - hiking, biking, etc.
So, the short answer is maybe. But most likely it will help if you combine it with healthy eating and cardio as well.

What is your favorite workout? Hiking; road or mountain biking; swimming & yoga are my favorites. Running is my least favorite but I still try to do it a few times a week. I am a SLOW runner though!

Are you the weight you want to be? This is a tricky question. To my daughter I would answer yes - I am strong & healthy & cancer-free. To my SELF I answer not quite - I would like to lose about 5-8 lbs & get more toned. But I don't weigh myself and I don't talk about my weight in front of Sam. I emphasize with her the importance of getting fresh air outside, getting exercise to keep our hearts healthy, doing yoga to be flexible and calm, etc. Additionally we have plenty of fresh, healthy food in our house and we can eat as much of that as we want/need.

What sneakers/workout clothes do you recommend? I love my Salomon XT Wings sneakers but wear whatever feels best on you. Love clothes from Lululemon, Athleta, Lucy & Title Nine Sports for working out.

Do you drink alcohol? Yes - I usually have 1-2 glasses of red wine per week at dinner or a beer. I love Tequila (peanut gallery - Lisa, Shane, etc. NO COMMENTS ON THIS) and will splurge on margaritas sometimes!

Thanks for your questions ~ hope these answers help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the answers to my questions! Diana

Anonymous said...

good info! Thanks again for sharing!

MillerFam said...

Jenny,

This is a test to see if my comment makes it up on the blog. Loved today's entries. You are so inspiring!!

xoxo-Ame